With just two months until the midterm election, many of our readers are gearing up to vote for their respective candidates. This is great because voting is the bedrock of our democracy. Behind the scenes, however, a lot of brands and companies are contributing a lot of money to politicians and PACs, and our job at Goods Unite Us is to make sure consumers know what their favorite brands and companies are doing.
To that end, this post will focus on the top 25 Democrat companies based on how much they and their senior employees give to Democrats. (We’ll focus on the Republican companies in another post.)
Without further ado…
here are the top 25 Democrat companies ranked by total amount given
1. Time Warner (CFR Score = 63)
2. DreamWorks (CFR Score = 70)
3. Saban Capital Group (CFR Score = 70)
4. Walt Disney (CFR Score = 62)
5. Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison (CFR Score = 65)
6. Apple (CFR Score = 65)
7. Centerbridge Partners (CFR Score = 70)
8. AECOM (CFR Score = 61)
9. Zumiez (CFR Score = 70)
10. Kaiser Foundation Group (CFR Score = 65)
11. Latham & Watkins (CFR Score = 60)
12. Bloomberg LP (CFR Score = 68)
13. Manchester United (CFR Score = 70)
14. Aramark (CFR Score = 69)
15. Harbor Freight Tools (CFR Score = 70)
16. Sony (CFR Score = 61)
17. Netflix (CFR Score = 69)
18. Arnold & Porter (CFR Score = 61)
19. Salesforce.com (CFR Score = 65)
20. Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan (CFR Score = 65)
21. Emerson Collective (Goods Score = 70)
22. Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton (CFR Score = 69)
23. Schulte, Roth & Zabel (CFR Score = 68)
24. Paul Hastings (CFR Score = 65)
25. Nimeks Organics (CFR Score = 30)
Curious how we determine a company’s Campaign Finance Reform Score? Read up on it here.
We hope that you’ll take this information and shop in accordance with your political beliefs so that you are not inadvertently supporting (or not supporting) brands and companies that align with your beliefs.
If you enjoy our posts, please consider voting for Goods Unite Us for the Wisconsin Innovation Awards. We want to keep giving you information you can use every day!